Product has been added to the basket

Burlington House jobs

Events Assistant

Reports to: Head of Events

Salary: £12,900 (£21,500 FTE)

Contract: 1 year fixed term with possible potential to extend, 0.6 FTE, Wednesday – Friday. It is expected the successful applicant would work 9-5 pm. Their core hours may shift around event needs.

Job description: The overall purpose of this post is to support the Head of Events to deliver the Science and Conference strategy and ensure we succeed in achieving our Venue Hire targets. 70% of the post will be supporting with venue hire administration, managing enquiries, financial reconciliation, conducting show rounds, business development and room booking management for the society. The other 30% will be working to help the Conference Team with key administrative tasks including uploading website copy, responding to general enquiries, pulling together reports and some conference and venue hire event delivery.

How to apply: To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV together with a cover letter to Please ensure that your cover letter fully addresses the appointment criteria in the person specification.

Closing date for applications: Sunday 8 August 2021

See full job description for further details on the role and how to apply.

If you have any queries on any aspect of the appointment process please contact If you require further information or would like to discuss the role, please contact