The objectives of the Group are to further those of the Geological Society by:
- holding meetings of interest to members.
- informing members of the Society' s activities and promoting co-operation between geologists, and between them and kindred professions.
- bringing to the notice of Council opinions and proposals designed to promote the interests of the Society and advising Council on matters of local interest or concern.
- carrying out such other lawful actions as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
The Group covers the area from around Banbury in the north to the Isle of Wight in the south, and from Swindon in the west to the edges of London in the east.
The Group holds evening meetings monthly from September to May at several principal venues (a free buffet and nibbles are usually served!):
- Jacobs offices, 1180 Eskdale Road, Winnersh, Wokingham, RG41 5TU
- Peter Brett Associates, Caversham Bridge House, Waterman Place, Reading, RG1 8DN
- The Bird In The Hand Pub, Knowl Hill, Reading, RG10 9UP
- The Department of Geology, Royal Holloway College, Egham, Surrey
Meetings are mostly on a a geoenvironmental or geotechnical theme, with occasional 'pure' geology topics. The Group also holds occasional field trips and joint meetings with other Groups.
If you have any suggestions for possible topics for meetings or other activities you would like the Group to undertake, please contact the committee.
No results found. Try to refine your search query