06 - 08 January 2014
Tectonic Studies Group
University of Cardiff
The Tectonics Studies Group of the Geological Society is hosting a meeting at Cardiff University from 6 - 8 January 2014.
Oral Sessions: Wallace Lecture Theatre, Main Building, Park Place, Cardiff CF10 3AT
Poster Sessions: VJ Gallery, Main Building, Park Place CF10 3AT
- Icebreaker 5 January, 17.00 – 19.00 VJ Gallery, Main Building, Park Place CF10 3AT
- Poster and Oral Sessions 6- 8 January from 10.00 am
- Confirmed invited speakers: Joern Kruhl, Nestor Cardoz, Neil Mancktelow
- Technical Discussion on Fracking: 6 January pm
- Conference Dinner 7 January
- Post-conference Field Trip, South Wales Coast: Richard Lisle and Tom Blenkinsop
- The field trip will visit two classic localities. At Nash Point, Liassic limestones and shales are cut by strike slip faults associated with spectacular joint patterns. In the Carboniferous limestone at Mumbles, the Tutt Head thrust zone can be studied. We will stop at a pub for participants to buy lunch.
Call for Abstracts
Abstract Deadline 11 November.
One page abstracts should use the downloadable word template available on the right
Please send your abstracts to BlenkinsopT@Cardiff.ac.uk, with the subject “TSG Abstract”
Indicate whether you would prefer a poster or oral contribution (not all oral contributions can be accommodated).
Abstracts that are relevant to the work of Richard Lisle can be considered for the Special Session in honour of Richard. Please indicate if you would like your abstract to be in this session.
Register online, or download and complete a registration form. Please email your completed form to Georgina Worrall.
If registering online please indicate if you have submitted an abstract (Yes or No).
Before 11 November 2013
Geological Society Fellow - £100
Non-Fellow - £120
Student - £30
Before 16 December 2013
Geological Society Fellow - £120
Non-Fellow - £140
Student - £50