The Geological Society is a major international Earth science publisher.
The Society owns and publishes;
The Journal of the Geological Society
- Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology
The Society co-owns and publishes;
- Petroleum Geoscience, co-owned by GSL and the European Association of Geoscientists and Engineers (EAGE)
- Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, Analysis, co-owned by GSL and the Association of Applied Geochemists (AAG)
The Society publishes these journals on behalf of other Societies:
- Journal of Micropalaeontology, on behalf of The Micropalaeontological Society (TMS)
- Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society, on behalf of the Yorkshire Geological Society
- Scottish Journal of Geology on behalf of the Geological Society of Glasgow and the Edinburgh Geological Society
These journals JGS, QJEGH, PG, GEEA, JM, PYGS, SJG are published Online in the Lyell Collection.
The Lyell collection also includes historical publications:
- Transactions of the Geological Society of London, 1811 – 1856
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Geological Society
- Transactions of the Glasgow Geological Society
In addition the Society publishes Geoscientist, a magazine for its Fellows, and has a share in Geology Today, which is published by Wiley-Blackwell.
Fellows of the Society receive Geoscientist and online access to one Society journal of their choice as part of their membership subscription. Fellows are entitled to receive discount on other Society journal subscriptions. Society journals are JGS, QJEGH, PG and GEEA. You can amend your journal preference by contacting the membership office.
Institutional and corporate customers - please contact the representative in your region: