Books & Arts
Instructions for reviewers and publishers
Titles available for review are advertised below. If you are a Fellow of the Society and would like to review one of them for us, please write to the Editor. You will be invited to keep the book in return for your efforts.
Geoscientist reviews are all 400 words long.
(Please note that titles advertised for review are not available from the Publishing House - unless otherwise stated.)
Geoscientist has a circulation of some 11,000 pcm, and is circulated exclusively to qualified professional Earth scientists worldwide, as well as Friends of the Society who are amateurs with an interest but no degree qualification in Earth sciences. If you want your book reviewed before this highly targeted readership, please send a review copy to:
Dr Ted Nield, Editor, Geoscientist, The Geological Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, LONDON W1J 0BG.
Books currently available for review by Fellows:
(Fellows of the Society only please!)
- NEW! Atlas of Benthic Foraminifera by Ann Holbourne, Andrew Henderson and Norman MacLeod. 2013 Wiley-Blackwell 642pp hbk
- NEW! The Human Impact on the Natural Environment, past present & future. By Andrew Goudie. 2013 Wiley Blackwell 410pp pbk
- NEW! The Coast of the Bristol Region: Quaternary Geology and Geomorphology Compiled by David Case. Geologists' Association Guide No 71. 152pp pbk
- NEW! Gravity and Magnetic Exploration: Principles, Practices and Applications by William Hinze, Ralph von Frese and Afif H Saad. Cambridge UP 1023 512pp hbk
- NEW! Forensic Seismology and Nuclear Test Bans by Alan Douglas. Cambridge University Press 2013 514pp hbk
- NEW! Radioactive Waste Management 2012 by Nick Evans (ed) Mineralogical Magazine #501 December 2012. Mineralogical Society. pp 2865-3507 sbk
- NEW! Earth Dynamics - deformations and oscillations of the rotating Earth by D E Smylie. Cambridge University Press 2013 hbk 543pp.
- Global Optimization Methods in Geophysical Inversion (2nd Ed) by Mrinal K Sen and Paul L Stoffa. Cambridge University Press 2013 289pp hbk
- Climate Forcing of Geological Hazards Edited by Bill McGuire and Mark Maslin. Wiley-Blackwell 2013, 310 pp hbk
- Disaster Deferred - a new view of Earthquake Hazards in the New Madrid Seismic Zone. (2012) by Seth Stein. Columbia University Press pbk, 282pp
- Continuum Mechanics in the Earth Sciences by William I Newman Cambridge University Press
- Theory of Reflectance and Emittance Spectroscopy (2nd Edn) by Bruce Hapke. Cambridge University Press.