21 - 22 October 2013
The Geological Society of London, AusIMM
National Museum Wales, Cardiff
This conference is being jointly hosted by The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy and The Geological Society.
We are operating in challenging times and with reducing commodity prices and difficult project funding regime, there are few mining projects where an easy dollar is to be made. There are particular challenges that must be faced, including the need for cost-effective discovery strategies and methods; evaluation and extraction of often lower-grade geologically and/or metallurgically complex deposits; understanding time-orebody variability to achieve the optimum mine plan; and predicting grades in geologically complex deposits.
Conference themes include:
- Benefits of geological mapping for exploration
- Case studies
- Drilling, sampling, assaying and quality assurance/quality control
- Exploration value drivers and strategies
- Geological modelling and uncertainty evaluation
- Mine geology, grade control and reconciliation
- Regional and orebody scale controls to mineralisation
- Resource estimation, classification and reporting
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr Richard Herrington, Natural History Museum
- Professor Bernd Lottermoser, CRC ORE Ltd; University of Tasmania & University of Exeter
- Professer Thomas Blenkinsop, Cardiff University
A full PDF programme is available to download.
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines: The only know Roman Gold Mines in the UK
Please note that this tour is now full.
- Concepts in the Sampling of Gold Deposits
- Geostatistic in Action: Emerging Techniques and Applications in Mineral Exploration
- AMEC JORC 2012 for the Resource Geologist - This is now full
- Exploration-Resource-Mining geology, getting it right from the start and keeping it on track
- Golder's Mining Geology and Grade Control Workshop
Full details about each workshop can be found within the PDF registration brochure.
Welcome Function - Sunday 20 October 2013 - 5pm-6pm - National Museum Wales
Conference Dinner - Monday 21 October 2013 - 7.30pm - Cardiff City Hall
To register for the conference, please complete the registration form within the PDF registration brochure and return it to the Conference Office at The Geological Society.
Member of the AusIMM or SEG
If you are registering online and are a member of the AusIMM or SEG please select 'Other Societies Members' for your reduced rate.
If you would like to apply for the concessionary rate, please contact Georgina Worrall
If you are a student wishing to register for the conference, please complete the registration form within the PDF registration brochure and return it to the Conference Office at The Geological Society.
Expotel has been appointed as the offical accommodation and travel provider for the conference. To book accomodation and travel contact Expotel directly:
T: +44 141 205 0075
Professor Simon Dominy FAusIMM(CP) FGS(CGeol)
Snowden Group/Curtin University, Australia
- Dr Mike Armitage, Group Chairman and Corporate Consultant, SRK Consulting
- Dr Richard Bevins, Keeper of Geology, National Museum of Wales
- Mr Dan Germiquet, Director of Geology and Mining, IMERYS
- Dr Iain McDonald, School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Cardiff University
- Alison McKenzie, Senior Manager, Events, The AusIMM
- Sienna Deano, Coordinator, Events, The AusIMM
- Claire Lockyer, Coordinator, Publications, The AusIMM
- Mr Edmund Nickless, Executive Secretary, The Geological Society
- Georgina Worrall, Conference Manager, The Geological Society
For further information about the conference, please visit: http://www.ermg2013.com