Sale of Duplicate Stock
Visit the Geological Society Library in May 2014 for our latest sale of duplicate books, maps, special issues of journals and more. The sale will take place in the Main Library at Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BG (see map).
Items for sale include:
- over 300 books covering regional, petroleum and engineering geology
- selected Geological Society Special Publications from £10
- selected AAPG Memoirs from £10
- selected Geological Society of America Memoirs from £10
- selected SEPM Special Publications from £5
- selected USGS Professional Papers from £5
- selected issues of GeoArabia from £25
and much more!
We are also offering an opportunity to buy original lithographic prints by renowned geologists John MacCulloch and Louis Agassiz. Images shown here are examples only, there will be many more available in the sale.
||We have a selection of 12 landscapes drawn by the Scottish geologist John MacCulloch. These beautiful black and white drawings, dating from 1819 - 1826, depict picturesque scenes of forests and cliffs as well as Scottish landmarks such as Dunkeld Bridge, Perthshire.
|These original lithographic plates, dating from the 1840s, are taken from a copy of Recherches sur les poissons fossiles by Louis Agassiz, who gained international recognition as the leading figure on fossil ichthyology during the 19th Century.
Proceeds from all print sales will go towards the Library's appeal to conserve and digitise the Louis Agassiz collection. Find out more.