Books & Arts
Instructions for reviewers and publishers
Titles available for review are advertised below. If you are a Fellow of the Society and would like to review one of them for us, please write to the Editor. You will be invited to keep the book in return for your efforts.
Geoscientist reviews are all 400 words long.
(Please note that titles advertised for review are not available from the Publishing House - unless otherwise stated.)
Geoscientist has a circulation of some 11,000 pcm, and is circulated exclusively to qualified professional Earth scientists worldwide, as well as Friends of the Society who are amateurs with an interest but no degree qualification in Earth sciences. If you want your book reviewed before this highly targeted readership, please send a review copy to:
Dr Ted Nield, Editor, Geoscientist, The Geological Society of London, Burlington House, Piccadilly, LONDON W1J 0BG.
Books currently available for review by Fellows:
(Fellows of the Society only please!)
- NEW! The Dolaucothi Gold Mines - Geology & Mining History (99pp), and Dolaucothi Gold - a vision realised (200pp), by Alwyn Annels & Barry Burnham, and Alun Isaac respectively. APECS Press (both) 2013. sbk. These two titles are offered together for joint review at 400 words.
- NEW! Seismic Data Analysis Techniques in Hydrocarbon Exploration by Enwenode Onajite. Elsevier 2013 237pp hbk
- NEW! Geochemical Rate Models - an introduction to chemical kinetics by J Donald Rimstidt. Cambridge University Press 2013 232pp hbk
- NEW! Sorby's Legacy: Geology at the Unviersity of Sheffield by R Alison Hunter. Published by R Alison Hunter, 2013 201pp sbk
- NEW! Returning Carbon to Nature: Coal, Carbon Capture and Storage by Michael Stephenson Elsevier 2013. 143pp pbk.
- The Seismic Analysis Code - a primer and user's guide. By George Helfrich et al. Cambridge University Press 2013 173pp sbk.
- Life Beyond Earth: the search for habitable worlds in the universe by Athena Coustenis and Therese Encrenaz. Cambridge University Press 2013 287pp hbk
- Upstream petroleum – Fiscal and Valuation Modelling in Excel by Ken Kasriel and David Wood. Wiley Finance 2013 253pp hbk
- Atlas of Benthic Foraminifera by Ann Holbourne, Andrew Henderson and Norman MacLeod. 2013 Wiley-Blackwell 642pp hbk
- Forensic Seismology and Nuclear Test Bans by Alan Douglas. Cambridge University Press 2013 514pp hbk
- Global Optimization Methods in Geophysical Inversion (2nd Ed) by Mrinal K Sen and Paul L Stoffa. Cambridge University Press 2013 289pp hbk
- Continuum Mechanics in the Earth Sciences by William I Newman Cambridge University Press
- Theory of Reflectance and Emittance Spectroscopy (2nd Edn) by Bruce Hapke. Cambridge University Press.