- If you are applying to become a Candidate Fellow or a Junior Candidate Fellow there is no admission fee.
- If you are applying to become a Fellow and are a full-time postgraduate student, there is no admission fee.
- If you are applying to become a Fellow and are not already a Candidate Fellow there is a one-off admission fee of £20.00.
- If you are applying to become a Chartered Geologist there is a one-off admission fee of £75.00.
- If you are applying to become a Chartered Scientist there is a one-off admission fee of £75.00. You must include, when you make your application, the appropriate first year's Fellowship fee, in addition to the admission fee.
Annual Fellowship Fees 2013
Fellows – if you have any questions about your renewal invoice, please read the renewal FAQs. Or if you are renewing online, please read the online renewal FAQs
Junior Candidate Fellow
- £15.00 for one year, or
- £40.00, for whole duration of full-time undergraduate course
- Age 27 and under: £68.00
- Age 28-33 : £125.50
- Age 34-59 : £191.00
- Age 60-69 : £96.00
- Age 70+ : £66.00
- Concessions : £68.00
A shared fellowship category for two individuals both of whom are individually eligible for Fellowship. Joint Fellows may choose one free journal between them, plus Geoscientist each.
- The higher of the two Fellowship fees + £56.00
For Fellows aged 34-59, permanently resident outside the European Union
- Age 34-59 : £146.50 (discount of £44.50)
Full time postgraduate students
- A concessionary rate of £27.50 is available to full-time MSc postgraduate students on application (regardless of age).
- A concessionary rate of £40.00 is available to full-time PhD postgraduate students on application (regardless of age).
CGeol, EurGeol, CSci supplements
- Chartered Geologist annual supplement: £29.50
- European Geologist annual supplement: £25.00
- Chartered Scientist annual supplement: £23.00
As well as their free journal entitlement, Fellows can also choose to subscribe to addtitional journals.
- Online only access £37 a year per journal
- Online and print access £47 a year per journal
Lyell Full Book Collection
All Fellows receive free access to the online Book Archive, comprising Special Publications, Engineering Geology Special Publications and Memoirs published prior to the current plus three prior years. Fellows can subscribe to the Full Book Collection which extends access to online books, from the time of publication (print copies are not included). Access to the Petroleum Geology Conference series is not included in an FBC subscription as they are not published by the Society. No journal content is included with a Full Book Collection subscription.
NB: If you are elected to Fellowship after the month of June, your initial payment covers Fellowship for the following calendar year. The first issue of your free journal and of Geoscientist will be sent to you from January onwards. However, if you wish to use the library, attend conferences, and/or purchase books etc in the months before the following calendar year you will be able to do so at Fellows’ rates.