Finance and Planning Committee
The Finance and Planning Committee reports to Council.
- To ensure the financial health of the Society, through:
- maximising revenue generation and cost effectiveness, consistent with its charitable aims;
- transparent accounting and financial reporting mechanisms;
- effective financial planning and investment management.
To ensure that the Society sets and delivers an ambitious but achievable business plan in pursuit of its strategy.
Terms of reference
To set the annual budget timetable, and to work with staff and other committees to develop revenue and capital budgets.
- To monitor performance against the budget throughout the year.
- To oversee production of financial accounts shortly after the financial year end for approval by Council.
- To ensure that all monies and investments held in the Society’s various Funds are properly managed.
- To coordinate fundraising and sponsorship activities.
- To work with staff and other committees to maintain and update a rolling three-year business plan for the delivery of the Society’s strategy, and to monitor progress against it.
- To advise Council on other financial and business planning matters.
Method of working
There will be at least four meetings of the Committee each year. Further business may be conducted by email.