Item has been added to bibliography
Please login to use email notification
Royal Geographical Society Teaching Workshop
Royal Geographical Society
School of Geographical and Earth Sciences, University of Glasgow
New to teaching in geography, Earth and environmental sciences: workshop for postgraduate students and graduate teaching assistants
The Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) will host two workshops in 2017 for postgraduate students who currently, or aspire to, teach and support learning in geography, earth and environmental sciences.
These practical and supportive workshops will take place at the University of Glasgow on 2 May 2017, and in London in October 2017.
Experienced teachers will lead participants through a series of sessions, including:
- an exploration of signature pedagogies in GEES
- strategies for engaging, working with and offering feedback to a range of learners
- tips for handling common teaching challenges
- ideas for supporting lab work and fieldwork, and
- discussion and reflection on the role and contribution of graduate teaching assistants in all these areas.
10.00am to 4.30pm
£20 (includes lunch and resources)
For more information and booking please visit the RGS website
For questions about the event, or about the booking process, please contact Dr Stephanie Wyse (email@example.com).
October 2017 Workshop
This workshop will be offered again in October 2017, at the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) in London. To register your interest in attending the London workshop, please email Dr Stephanie Wyse - bookings will open over the Summer.