The Geological Society’s Publishing House in Bath is seeking a Production Editor to join their small, friendly Publishing team that values innovation and quality. Reporting to the Senior Production Editor, the main responsibility of the role is to manage the production of journals and books.
Key duties of the role:
- Coordinate all production activities
- Process and track journal submissions
- Oversee freelancers and liaise with typesetters and printers
- Proof-read and copy-edit as required
- Work with the marketing team to ensure effective promotion of publications
- Work closely with the Editorial Board and Society committees
Experience / skills required:
- You will ideally have a scientific background, and several years of direct STM sector production editorial experience
- You will have experience of working with content layouts for publications, copy-editing and proofreading skills
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is essential
- Book production experience is advantageous but not essential
- Confidence is important for this role as the Production Editor will work with a range of in-house staff, authors and suppliers
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your CV together with a cover letter and a supporting statement to HR@geolsoc.org.uk .
Serious applications only please.